Sunday 7 October 2007

My new Apple Keyboard... running on Windows XP.

So on Friday I decided to go to the Apple store on Regent Street in London. I finally wanted to try the new keyboard Apple released a couple of months ago (when the new iMac came out). My goal was to see if it felt as good as it looked. Now before I go on... I just want to say that keyboards are like mice... almost impossible to decide if it's any good unless you try it for yourself. I've read quite a few reviews on the Internet about the new keyboard and quite frankly it just made me want to try it for myself more. This keyboard is NOT for everyone... but you know, no keyboard is for everyone. Different people have different tastes, this is true for cars, fashion, and keyboards.

So I went to the Mac store and after standing in line to try one of the new iMacs (which had the keyboard connected to it) I finally got a chance to experience it (both the 24" iMac as well as the keyboard).

So my first impression for me was.... this was a very well made keyboard. It is aluminum with buttons that stick out very much like the iBook laptops Apple sells. The next thing you'll notice is how incredibly thin it is... I mean it is REALLY thin. Yet, it is very sturdy and balanced. This is a USB2 keyboard (not because the keyboard itself needs USB2 but because it has 2 USB2 ports built-in on the sides so you can easily connect MP3 players, cameras, phones, etc).

After typing on it for a bit (the people behind me were not very happy to wait but owe well) I must say.... well... here is what it looks like at home. :-)

It works very well with Windows XP though a couple keys are mislabeled but really only 2 I think so not a big deal. It really looks nice and I am enjoying how the keys work (I've always loved laptop keys). I can only say good things about it, though I STRONGLY suggest you go into your local Mac store to try one out before you buy. But I would give that advice to anyone who was interested in getting a new keyboard or mouse.

My next test will to try my favourite FPS (first person shooters) such as Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life, and Bio Hazard.

1 comment:

sglsgl said...

Will you try to use Tiki'win with the Numpad ?