Wednesday 13 June 2007

Apple's secret plans, starting to materialize

So I saw this article on ZDNET called "Apple's plan to replace Vista with OS X - on Wintel" and it all made so much sense. In fact after watching the WWDC it started to be clear then... the addition of Bootcamp with Leopard, and the seamless integration with VMware or Parallels. Just seemed so easy to run Vista/XP on the Mac now. So why would Apple do this? The article goes into more details but essentially they want to take over, and the best way to do this is to sneak in OS X, because, as they are convinced, once you start to use it... your not going back to Vista. At least you won't go back happy.

I think this makes sense, and actually hope its true. I like Mac OS and so far have had pretty bad experiences with Vista. Everything from missing drivers to poor performance. So we'll see how it goes. I guess Vista has made me realize how sit of Windows I am now... XP is good but a six year old OS. How can a company so big, with so much money, not be able to innovate? Too many cooks in the kitchen?

No comments: